Friday, August 24, 2012

Narrative Writing: Molly


It was a rainy day outside and I just turned the corner into my house. I rushed inside and found my Mum watching TV. I came and sat down beside her.
“How was your day?” My Mum asked as she walked off to the kitchen to prepare afternoon tea.
“Okay,” I shout after her. Suddenly I hear my Mum’s cell phone ring. I run over to see who it’s from.
“Oh no,” I think to myself as I read the text.
I hear Mum call from the kitchen, “Who was that?”
“Would you like to see it? It’s from one of your friends,” I say.
“Yes,” I hear my Mum say.
I run the phone over to her in the kitchen.

“Thank you darling. By the way, where is your portfolio?” asked Mum
I knew this was coming. I take my portfolio to her. She opens it up and her mouth drops open. I snatch the portfolio out of her hands and all I see ‘1, 1, 1, 1 and even more ‘1s’. My Mum screams at me. I run up to my bedroom and slam the door. I break down into tears and close my eyes and I wish I never had a Mum.

The next morning my eyes slowly open. I stumble down the stairs and the house feels cold and empty. I run up stairs to my Mum’s room. I could not hear anything coming from inside the room. I barge into the room, and look around. I see only a bed and furniture placed in its normal sports around the room.

“Everything is perfectly normal,” I say calmly to myself. I run over to the curtains and pull them oven. The bright morning sun bursts into the room. Suddenly, I hear noise coming from the kitchen. I slowly walk towards the door. I quietly make my way down the hallway and then down the stairs. Then I hear a gentle meow and realized it was only my cat. I burst into the kitchen and find my cat searching for food. “I wonder why Mum didn’t feed her.”

To be continued.

By Molly R



No comments:

Post a Comment