Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Narrative Writing: Responding to Music

This term the children will be learning about narrative writing and how they can use language to entice people to read their stories.

Currently, we have been listening to instrumental music to create a mood for our story. The music does not only create a mood but enable the children to imagine a setting.

Today we listened to an instrumental of a dark gloomy forest. The children are not given any hints about the instrumental, but are required to listen and write what they feel is happening.

Below are some of the children's ideas.

Hoper you enjoy.

I shake with horror as I line up to get a ticket in to the new roller-coaster ' The Midnight Ghost Ride'. It's meant to be the scariest ride ever create and 'I' am here on the opening night. 
I finally get into the roller-coaster but realise I've made the biggest mistake of my life; there are dogs howling, wild boars growling and thunder and lightning coming at me... There is no turning back now.


By Piper A


Trembling with fear I tripped, unexpectedly the lights turned off. It was dark and black. Next thing I know I feel cold air trickling down my back as though someone was breathing on me. Holding my breath I run, and run and run. Until I hear something, something mysterious; footsteps coming towards me. I scream as loud as I can. Then I fall into a deep sleep.


By Alice C


Creeping down the hall with fear rushing down my spine as quickly as anyone could possibly imagine, floorboards creaking at the bottom of the stairs as I plucked up my courage to make my way to the bottom.
I hear bricks falling, dogs barking loudly and the sound of thunder and lightning. I reach the bottom of the stairs...


By Emma H



No comments:

Post a Comment