Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Earthquake by Emma H

“AARGH”, I screamed as the ground shook and shook and shook like mad.  It was an earthquake.
It was lunchtime. I had just put my lunch away, grabbed my bag and now here I am buttoning up my school shirt with my shorts on but then it happened. I continued buttoning up my school shirt then sprinted outside. I see my teacher Mr Shea jump outside the door as all the children start heading towards the basketball court.
 As soon as we arrive there we sit down in our class lines as the roll call starts to get called out, name after name we finally finish. A few people start crying including me hoping that our family and friends were okay. I looked at the concrete floor, there on the floor lay hundreds of cracks all through the ground and out those cracks liquefaction comes running out of the ground. I look at the field and see all this liquefaction come bursting out the soil like volcanoes.
As everyone sat freezing cold as the breeze brushed across people’s faces. I went over to my cousin Molly to see if she was alright. Then I went over to Blythe and she looked after me. After a while Blythe started randomly saying the Our Father. She said it hundreds of times. I went back to my friends and just sat with them.
After about 1 hour and 20 minutes my Dad cycled from Ferrymead  to come and get me.  He had to stay at his work for a while to help clean up a bit and wasn’t allowed to go straight away. I asked him where my Mum, my brother and my little sister were. I was upset when he told me because they were all up in the top floor of the museum and my little brother got hit by a little bit of glass from the roof.
A while later my mum arrived with the car to pick us up. She took quite a long time because there was a lot of traffic in town. I said goodbye to my friends then headed home.
A while later my mum arrived with the car to pick up me and my dad. As soon I saw her I sprinted and gave her a big hug. I was happy to see my brother and sister, and gave them a kiss on their heads. We hoped in the car and drove home, and we were glad to be reunited.
By Emma
Emma's - good points
Emma's - what needs work
Mr A's - good points
Mr A's- what needs work
Suggestion

No comments:

Post a Comment