Friday, February 3, 2012

Recount Writing: Holiday Recounts

This week the children began writing recounts about there holidays. The children have also typed there stories up and they will be displayed on the classroom blog. These are the children's first recount in 2012.
We are learning to write using the correct structure and using technical vocabulary.
This is one of the holiday recounts.Hope you enjoy.

Reefton Road trip

In the holidays my family and I went to Reefton (on the West Coast). The scenery was nice on the way there. We went there for Christmas and I got an iPod Touch.
We met up with my cousin and my grandparents in Reefton. We went fishing and we saw a couple of wekas in the bush. A couple of days later we went eeling at my cousin’s house. She has a 1km driveway, it’s all gravel and dirt. She has a river next to her house with a lot of eels. We went eeling with the rods that we bought last time we went here. All the eels we caught we put back.
We also went to Greymouth and we got to go to the Aqua Centre. The lane pool was very deep at one end it was about 3m deep. We came back to Christchurch and my sister and I went to the movies and saw the adventures of Tin Tin in 3D. We think there’s going to be a number 2.

I enjoyed my holiday in Reefton.
By Finn Sul

1 comment: